One of my favorite things about owning my Cricut and Easy Press Mini is all of the fun personalized projects I get to do for my kids, friends and family! Today, I’m sharing a super easy and adorable ladybug design I recently made for a friend’s daughter. This design looks adorable on t-shirts, especially with glitter vinyl & I’m remaking it today as a Valentine’s Day shirt for my daughter Zoey.
Materials You’ll Need:
- A cotton t-shirt – I get them from Hobby Lobby.
- Glitter HTV – I used the Cricut Strong Bond Jubilee Sampler
- Cricut Easy Press or Cricut Easy Press Mini – I love my Easy Press Mini! It is seriously awesome and mighty!
- Siser Easy Weed Stretch in Matte Black – This is the best vinyl for kids shirts. The stretch is so important!
- A Heat Press Pillow – If you’re doing HTV without these then you are missing out! They ensure even application of your vinyl so that it sticks and stays without burning your shirts.
- Last but not least – you’ll need my file below.
Get Your Free Link to my Cricut Design Space Project Here
You can access the link to my project below by subscribing to my site. Once subscribed, you’ll receive the password to my digital file library. Simply enter the password below and click download and your download will begin. You can print this project on your home computer and cut it out with scissors. Simple and easy!
Once you click download, the link will direct you to my free cricut design space project!
Cutting and Application
Note: In this design I’m using the fonts Market Felt for “little” and the LilyBelle font for the word “lovebug”. If you don’t have these fonts installed, you can always use another similar style.
- First, adjust the image design size based on the shirt you are ironing.
- Next, cut your black vinyl first, ensuring you mirror prior to cutting.
- Next, cut the glitter vinyl. Again, remember to mirror
- Heat your iron or easy press. My Cricut Easy Press Mini heats in like 2 minutes. It’s amazing! I normally opt for the Medium heat setting paired with my Heat Press Pillow and it adheres great and lasts.
- Iron the black vinyl first then the glitter vinyl on top. I usually move my easy press mini around from side to side for several minutes.